CS 251: Intermediate Software Design
- Douglas C. Schmidt
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering
- Vanderbilt University
- Classroom -- Featheringill 136, MW from 3:10 to 4:25pm.
- Office Hours -- Featheringill Hall 226, Monday and Wednesday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Programming assignment submission guidelines
- Richard Williams firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Hours -- Featheringill Hall 226, 11am-2pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Richard Whalen email@example.com.
Office Hours -- Featheringill Hall 226, Monday and Wednesday 1-3:30pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 12-2pm.
- Jesse Badash firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Hours -- Featheringill Hall 226, 10am-12pm Monday and Wednesday, 2-3pm Monday and Wednesday, 4:30-6pm Monday, and 3-6pm Thursday.
- Final exam time: Monday, April 29th, 9am.
Good design and programming is not learned by generalities, but by
seeing how significant programs can be made clean, easy to read, easy
to maintain and modify, human-engineered, efficient, reliable, and
secure, by the application of good design and programming practices.
Careful study and imitation of good designs and programs significantly
improves development skills. -- Kernighan and Plauger.
- CS 101 and CS 201
- General proficiency in C++ and OO programming
The following are electronic versions of the CS 251 course handouts.
Back to CS Courses home page.