Here's an overview of the steps you must follow to set up the Android SDK:
- Prepare your development computer and ensure it meets the system requirements.
- Install the SDK starter package from the table above. (If you're on Windows, download the
installer for help with the initial setup.)
- Install the ADT Plugin for Eclipse (if you'll be developing in Eclipse).
- Add Android platforms and other components to your SDK.
- Explore the contents of the Android SDK (optional).
To get started, download the appropriate package from the table above, then read the guide to Installing the SDK.