Some thoughts to ponder:
- Dream as if you’ll live forever and live as if you’ll die today.
- We cannot become who we need to be, by remaining who we are. Invent yourself everyday.
- You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.
- Attitude is what separates excellence from mediocracy.
- Attitude, not aptitude, determines altitude.
- Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get. — George Bernard Shaw.
- Big man is not the one who doesn’t do any mistake, but the one who is bigger than any mistake he makes.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. —Martin Luther King Jr.
- The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
- Keep your head and your heart in the right direction and you will never have to worry about your feet.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.
- Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.
- The trouble with the world is that stupid are cocksure and intelligent are full of doubts.
Quotes on love:
- It is better to grow in love than fall in love.
- Immature love says: “I love you because I need you.”
Mature love says: “I need you because I love you.”
- We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
- Wind is to fire like distance is to love; it extinguishes the small and enflames the great.
- The course of true love never did run smooth. — William Shakespeare
- True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen. — La Rochefoucauld
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. — Ingrid Bergman
- The heart has eyes that the brain knows nothing of. — Charles Parkhurst
- To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. — Lao Tzu
- Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Quotes on programming / C++:
- Being really good at C++ is like being really good at using rocks to sharpen sticks. — Thant Tessman
- If you are an expert in the intricacies of C++, please consider this knowledge a kind of martial art - something a real master never uses!
- PL/I and Ada started out with all the bloat, were very daunting languages, and got bad reputations (deservedly). C++ has shown that if you slowly bloat up a language over a period of years, people don’t seem to mind as much. — James Hague
- There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses. — Bjarne Stroustrup
- If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor and when was the last time you needed one? — Tom Cargill
- I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind. — Alan Kay
- C++ does not have garbage collection because then there will be nothing left! — Unknown
- What I like about concepts is that it adds another whole programming language to C++, which already has 3 or 4. — Jeremy Siek
- More quotes
- Canonical List Of Computer Humor