CS 251: Intermediate Software Design
- Douglas C. Schmidt
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering
- Vanderbilt University
- Classroom -- Featheringill 136, MW from 3:10 to 4:25pm.
- Office Hours -- Featheringill Hall 226, Monday and Wednesday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Programming assignment submission guidelines
- Final exam time: Thursday, April 29th, 2-5pm, FGH 136.
Good design and programming is not learned by generalities, but by
seeing how significant programs can be made clean, easy to read, easy
to maintain and modify, human-engineered, efficient, reliable, and
secure, by the application of good design and programming practices.
Careful study and imitation of good designs and programs significantly
improves development skills. -- Kernighan and Plauger.
- CS 101 and CS 201
- Proficiency in C++ and OO programming
- Knowledge of email, WWW, and USENET newsgroups
The following are electronic versions of my course handouts.
Back to CS Courses home page.